Sunday, February 9, 2020

Championship Mentality




Andy Reid and the KC Chiefs have inspired me and turned on a switch in my brain. I’ve started to develop a Championship Mentality. One that doesn’t get deflated by circumstances, mistakes, deadly distractions, addiction to substances, and pity parties. Gone is gossip, bitterness, laziness, apathy, and fear of structure. I’m welcoming mentoring, authority, discipline, accountability, and goals. Every day I am setting achievable goals, incremental steps toward realizing my Mission Statement: “Become the type of man you would look up to. Behave like a champion.”

God has based a solid foundation in my life, which is Jesus and his cross and resurrection. When I look and see that I’ve never been properly educated or given a strong foundation in my youth, I remember that God has given me a solid foundation to build on. Aside from that, he’s loaded all of us with so much potential and talent, and I’ve failed to fully tap and expose mine to the world. From today I’m sharing my gifts, mercy, love, talent, and time with anyone who might need it. The ultimate prize is waiting for anyone who believes in Jesus Christ. But there are other rewards to be had, which benefit in this life first...then result in the Champions’ Victory party in the end. 

If you enjoyed seeing the confetti fall and the Lombardi trophy being hoisted, reach out and grasp the ultimate prize of a life well lived, for yourself! Kingdom of God or just Chiefs Kingdom, let every day be practice, and let every Sunday be your game day.


if you’re on this journey already, I’d love to hear your story. If I can, let me know how I can help you in writing your story through your life and your faith. I’ve been to the bottom of the world, and I’m aiming to make it to the top. If we trust in each other, surround ourselves with giving people, and ask for help when we need it, we can accomplish the same level of victory our Chiefs have. We may not be able to perform physical feats of amazement, but we can find what we do best and maximize it, and realize our potential. The goal is being reputable, loyal, trustworthy, achieving people, and winning at life. All in the name of God or just for your family and friends. A life well lived is worth the sacrifice and the effort. GO CHIEFS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment